CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Thank You

If I was to begin thanking you, I wouldn't end. I'm not the only one who feels this way, that I do know. But I am the only one brave enough to admit. If I can stand understanding what a father is, it's thanks to you. They say that most girls pick guys who are just like their fathers, I pray that for my case it is not true. I didn't know what a father was until I met you. I then understood that parents did not need to be together to raise a child or show love to a child. But this is not why I say thank you. I thank you today for saving a life before it was presented to danger. Before suicidal played a major part in my life, and before the twisted men played their part on me you were there playing a major role. Through your actions and your words of wisdom. Through your realness and your ability to be real. You show class and act like a gentleman not realizing you are doing this, and you pass these same traits to your kids. You expect them to grow up knowing how to treat a lady, knowing that it is important to walk her to her door making sure that she is safe. I like that and though many men have forgotten that most ladies haven't. I thank you because you were there during my most critical years of growing up. I am a stronger person because of you, and you emphasized what I already knew of myself. I never quite understood the role of a man in a young girl's life until I met you. A man can inspire a woman to be all that she can be. Not that a woman can not reach her full potential on her own. But there's something about the support of the opposite sex that is so much more special. I can't really explain it. I also thank you because you took the time for each and every one. You know who we are more than anyone else we know. You made of us a family we our own stories to share. We understand one another like siblings do, we fight like siblings do, and we make up like siblings do. There's something about that bond you helped create that I haven't experienced before with any friend that I have been acquainted with. You have a key that opens doors to our lives in a good way. You are patient, humble yet most importantly human. You keeps us on grounded understanding that life is so simple if you just enjoy the good times. I also like the way you go the extra mile to see us smile. The way you become a kid when we want to have fun. The way you become so different from the rest of the adults. You become one of us, young, energetic and eager to learn. You, my friend, are different and on behalf of all of us I thank you. Because as I sit by my window sill, on misummer night. When I can't think of anything else, I think of you, and how you have made an impact not only on my life, but on the lives of all of us. For teaching us life I thank you. And I pray that my husband would be more like you, changing the direction of confused hopefuls everywhere.

0 comments: