CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 10, 2005

The Day She Woke Up 3

He found by water fountain where all princesses and duchesses gathered for their meal. He watched her constantly like a vampire attracted to blood. He stared at her examining her every move, picturing her every thought. Once in a while, she would turn and glance at him, vaguely. That glance lasted a mere second but to him it was eternity. He wondered if she noticed him, if she found him attractive, he would memorize that distant look on her face, the glow of the foundation that perfectly matched her skin tone. Yes she was Simone Dexier, the girl of his dreams. The diamond that lured men to their face until Alexis showed up. Alexis was just another wannabe in his eyes. A girl without a clue despite her honour roll status. But Simone was more than just a princess, she was a goddess wrapped in gold, where only pure platinum embraced her neck and ears. Diamonds showered her clothing styles, and she would glide across the floor like an angel on cloud nine. She walked up to him and whispered, " Hi. I'm Simone."
He swallowed hard, took a deep breath, and said,"Hi, I'm Devon." "What keeps you so attracted to me?" she whispered back. "Your natural beauty. YOur hair, your wit and your personality; everything about you keeps me hooked," he replied. She disappeared slowly, into thin air, and he would wake up from his daydream.
However while Simone made him drool, he had Alexis around his fingers and he had not even noticed. She walked by him every day, at she would smile at him, hoping she caught his eye. She did not understand why he was so hard to get. She was beautiful, intelligent, and guys just seemed to like her no matter what. He would politely smile back, whenever he saw her and go about his way. Alexis made conversations with him, and nothing worked out. THey did not even leave as friends, but as the same as they walked in the room. She would giggle out loud hoping to catch his attention, but all he would is leave. She could not understand, so one day she walked up to him and said, "I know you like Simone." "Simone?" he replied shocked. "Don't even try to deny it!" she said. "Okay so what is it to you?" "I like you, I have many guys falling for me, but I want you!" He looked with disgust and shock and said, "So should I bow down to my feet, your majesty?" "Answer me one question, why don't you like me?" "I hate your type, fake without a clue. You're the nerd who becomes the princess and hopefully gets her prince! I don't fall for losers like you, sorry! In other words you are not my type!" and he left without looking back. Leaving Alexis crushed and confused. She could not understand it. What did she do wrong? Was it something she said? She acted that way with all her guy friends. She walked into her biology class, where she ran into Simone. The teacher called each of the pupils name "...Alexandra," the teacher called. The students looked around the room searching for this Alexandra of whom the teacher spoke of. Then it dawned on her, that she had changed. She had become Alexis, an eager, aggressive, self-cetered brat with little confidence to back up her talk. Whereas Alexandra was a curious, gentle, wise girl with virtue in her every pocket of life. "Is Alexandra here?" the teacher asked. "Yes...I am she," replied a meek little voice. "Could you please stand up, so I can see you?" asked the teacher. Meanwhile Simone was making gestures advising her to shut up and enjoy her new life. Gracefully she stood up and replied, "Here I am, I have been hiding under this façade called Alexis. I am not the goddess of high school, I am just Alexandra, the nerd you would bully for the fun of it. The one who would dress according to what she could afford without trying to impress anybody. " She took off her coloured contacts and replaced them for her glasses. She tied her hair up, and threw on an oversized hoodie to cover up her bra straps. Took off her stilettoes, and wore her sneakers. Before she knew it she was Alexandra again. She didn't end up with her prince, instead Simone got him. But she had already moved on by then. Alexandra realized that to every opinion is some truth, it's our job to filter out the bad and choose the best truth.

0 comments: